Invitation to participate in the innovation community
On 01/12/2021, the General Secretariat for Public Sector Human Resources of the Ministry of Interior, with a document, invited the public organizations to actively participate in the dissemination of innovation in the Greek public administration.
Innovation is one of the most emerging skills that public organizations need to develop and possess in order to support their transformation.
Innovation, when developed through a specific process and the appropriate methodology and knowledge, can be a mechanism to support public organizations to operate efficiently and flexibly, responding to changes in the environment in order to provide quality services to citizens.
In the Innovation and Best Practices Department, relevant tools have been developed that can support public organizations in the innovation process and enhance their knowledge of innovation.
The General Secretariat for Public Sector Human Resources invites public organizations to actively participate in the innovation community, through their registration and participation in the public sector innovation network as well as to submit and share the innovations they have developed.
Submission of Innovations
The Public Sector Innovation Observatory of the Ministry of Interior is the central point in the Greek public administration where good practices, knowledge, and experiences related to innovation in the public sector are gathered so that they can then be used to develop skills and implement actions for innovation.
It is also the point of contact for public sector innovation with the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and innovation groups set up at the European level.
The role of the Innovation Observatory is to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge developed in the OECD member countries on innovation to Greek public organizations and the transfer of learning created in the Greek public administration to the international environment.
The Public Sector Innovation Observatory operates the Innovation Repository, which is based on three pillars:
- Promoting the recognition in Greece and internationally of the public organizations that develop innovations,
- Creating knowledge about innovation in the public sector of Greece through the collection and evaluation of data,
- Sharing good practices and experiences among the executives of the Greek innovation community.
The submission of innovations to the Public Sector Innovation Observatory is associated with benefits both for public organizations and for the Greek public administration in general:
- Assists in understanding the trends and needs of public organizations for the planning implemented by the General Secretariat for Public Sector Human Resources,
- Supports the actions of the Ministry of Interior, for the implementation of the Public Sector Innovation Declaration of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development,
- Contributes to the improvement of the recognizability of the public organizations of the Greek public administration in international events and awards.
Public organizations are invited to submit their innovations in the period 01/12/2021 to 30/12/2021. The involvement of public organizations will strengthen the role of innovation and public organizations will contribute with knowledge to the planning of thematic innovation events and actions for 2022.
The submission of innovations is carried out electronically at https://innovation.gov.gr/en/innovation-submission_en/
More instructions for the invitation of the General Secretariat of Public Sector Human Resources can be found here
For guidance and support of public organizations in the process of submitting innovations you can find information at the link https://innovation.gov.gr/en/contact-us-en/